Paul's practice is concentrated on representing clients in securities, consumer and False Claims Act cases. Paul also is also experienced in handling a variety of antitrust, employment and other complex commercial matters. Finally, Paul has substantial experience representing clients in employee benefit, health and life insurance cases, unfair trade practice and other matters.
Paul earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Pittsburgh, and did graduate studies in biology and chemistry at the Pennsylvania State University and the University of Pennsylvania. Paul graduated cum laude from the Temple University School of Law in 1996, where he was a member of the Environmental Law Council and the Environmental Law and Technology Journal.
Before entering law school, Paul worked in biomedical research at the Transplant Laboratory of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and at the Cerebrovascular Research Center of the University of Pennsylvania. After graduation, Paul served for five years as Assistant Counsel to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection ("DEP"), primarily in major Superfund litigation. After leaving the DEP, and before joining SFMS, Paul worked as a consultant to the insurance industry, providing training for professional certification examinations for liability underwriters.
Paul is co-author of 'EEG Spectroanalysis of Acute Focal Ischemia Under Halothane Anesthesia Using Glutamate Antagonist MK-801,' published in the Klinikai Kislerleti Kutato es II, Elettani Intezet, SOTE, June 1990; and 'Private Rights of Action Under State Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Acts,' published in the Journal of Insurance Regulation, Spring 1998, v. 16. He resides with his family in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania and is active in community affairs.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer and False Claims Act Cases
- Complex Commercial Matters
- Employee Benefit
- Health and Life Insurance Cases
- Unfair Trade Practice
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. cum laude - 1996
- Law Journal: Environmental Law and Technology Journal, Member
- University of Pittsburgh
- Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
Past Employment Positions
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Assistant Counsel
- Co-author, EEG Spectroanalysis of Acute Focal Ischemia Under Halothane Anesthesia Using Glutamate Antagonist MK-801, Klinikai Kislerleti Kutato es II, Elettani Intezet, SOTE, June, 1990
- Private Rights of Action Under State Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Acts, Insurance Regulation, Spring, 1998