Rosemary F. Luzon
Rose F. Luzon joined SFMS in 2010 and is admitted to practice law in the State of California, as well as numerous federal courts, including the United States District Courts for the Northern, Central, Eastern, and Southern District of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Rose has over ten years' experience as a litigator in a wide range of complex matters, including consumer protection, securities, and employment-related class actions, as well as whistleblower claims, product liability cases involving mass tort and single plaintiff claims, and breach of contract and premises liability matters. Rose has significant experience at all levels of the litigation process, from pre-litigation and early dispute resolution to trial and appeals. She has represented a wide spectrum of clients, from individuals to Fortune 100 and other large companies alike.
Rose's representative experiences include:
• Consumer Fraud, Unfair Competition, and False Advertising Litigation. Represents plaintiffs in a variety of complex consumer matters brought in state and federal court involving RICO, statutory consumer protection, warranty, and other claims.
• Securities and Shareholder Derivative Litigation. Represents shareholders in matters involving violations of federal and state securities laws, breach of fiduciary duty, and corporate governance reforms.
• Whistleblower Litigation. Represents individuals in government fraud matters asserting violations of federal and state false claims and anti-kickback laws.
• Product Liability Litigation. Represented companies in tort matters involving product defect and warranty claims relating to pharmaceuticals, medical devices, medical supplies, and chemical products.
• Pro Bono Representation. Advocated on behalf of asylum and HIV/AIDs clients in pro bono matters.
Rose earned her undergraduate degree from the University of California at Berkeley (B.A. 1997) and her law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law (J.D. 2002). She is a member of the American Bar Association, California Bar Association, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego, and National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Consumer Protection
- Employment-Related Class Actions
- Whistleblower Claims
- Product Liability
- Mass Tort
- Breach Of Contract
- Premises Liability
- California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctor - 2002
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- Bachelor of Arts - 1997
- Major: Sociology
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- California Bar Association, Member
- Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego, Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Reed Smith LLP, Associate
- Filice Brown Eassa & McLeod LLP, Associate