Obtaining Protection, Registrations, Amendments And Renewals
Shepherd, Finkelman, Miller & Shah, LLP (SFMS) understands the importance of establishing, protecting and capitalizing on intellectual property rights in the modern marketplace. Our attorneys have significant experience providing an array of legal services involving patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, outsourcing, software, technology, franchise and restrictive covenants law.
These services include obtaining protection, registrations, amendments and renewals with respect to all types of patents, copyrights, trade secrets, service marks and trademarks. With multiple offices across the United States, we represent a diverse clientele — nationally and internationally — in all sectors from manufacturers of hard goods to Internet-based technology companies.
Comprehensive Consulting And Litigation In IP Law
- SFMS counsels its clients on licensing, marketing, distribution and other commercial transactions and agreements regarding products, services and technologies eligible for protection under international, federal, state and local intellectual property laws.
- SFMS attorneys have litigated and provided advice about disputes involving the protection and enforcement of rights in patents, trademarks, copyrights, confidential information and trade secrets, technology, covenants not to compete and other intellectual property.
- SFMS has significant experience in prosecuting and defending copyright infringement, trademark infringement and patent infringement cases; unfair competition actions; Internet and technology disputes, including those involving software and computer technology; franchise disputes; false advertising claims; litigation concerning trade secrets and restrictive covenants; and other claims relating to intellectual property.
- SFMS attorneys also are well-versed not only on the substance of intellectual property law, but also on federal and state court procedural issues, including obtaining and defending against temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions that often are sought in intellectual property actions.
- Finally, SFMS lawyers are proficient in resolving disputes through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, such as arbitration and mediation.
Our firm has offices in California, New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, and we litigate in other states and federal jurisdictions. Read more about our areas of practice, including corporate counsel, entity formation and business litigation, call 877-891-9880 or contact SFMS online to discuss our intellectual property capabilities.